Smoked Gouda Pimiento Mac & Cheese
This mouthwatering Smoked Gouda Pimiento Mac n’ Cheese recipe will be a crowd-pleaser at your next dinner or event! Choose your favorite flavor of Knott’s Pimiento Cheese to put a unique spin on a classic dish.
- 3 cups al dente pasta
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tbl butter
- 3 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz Knott’s Smoked Gouda Pimiento Cheese
- 4 oz grated smoked gouda
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbl Worchestire sauce
- 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions until translucent and soft.
- Stir together olive oil, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Make a roux. First, melt butter. Add flour — brown flour/butter mixture about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and cook for 3-4 minutes until thick, like gravy. Add pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Add onion, shredded smoked gouda, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and Knott's. Stir to combine.
- Add pasta. Stir pasta to coat. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.