Shrimp and Pimiento Cheese Grits
A cheesy twist on a #PureSouth classic!
- 1 cup medium grind grits (not instant)
- 1 cup of Knott’s Classic Pimiento Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 oz thick cut bacon cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and divided
- ⅓ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Bring 2 tsp of salt, pepper and 4 ¾ cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the grits.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook, whisking occasionally, until grits are thick, tender and creamy. About 10-12 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and stir in the cheese and sriracha to taste. Cook, stirring until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, until crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Increase heat to high and cook half of the shrimp in the same skillet until lightly browned.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, repeat with remaining shrimp.
- In the medium bowl add parsley and lime juice, bacon and sriracha to taste. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide grits among bowls and top with shrimp mixture.
- Serve hot.