Pimiento Mac ‘n’ Cheese
This mouthwatering Pimiento Mac ‘n’ Cheese recipe will be a crowd-pleaser at your next dinner or event! Choose your favorite flavor of Knott’s Pimiento Cheese to put a unique spin on a classic dish.
- 3 cups al dente pasta
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz. Knott’s Pimiento Cheese
- 4 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute onions until translucent and soft.
- Stir together olive oil, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Make a roux. Melt butter. Add flour. Brown flour/butter mixture about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk, and cook for 3-4 minutes until thick, like gravy. Add pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat. Add onion, shredded cheddar, mustard, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and Knott's Pimiento Cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add pasta. Stir pasta to coat. Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.