Pimiento Cheese Cornbread
Knott’s Pimiento Cheese Cornbread — pure south in your mouth! These cheesey cornbread muffins will leave everyone at your table wanting more.
- 1 1/2 cups of corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 oz pimiento cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add pimiento cheese.
- Add eggs.
- Add buttermilk and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Melt butter in muffin tins or cast iron skillet in oven. Butter should be sizzling, but not browning.
- Spoon batter into pan. If using muffin tins, fill cups 2/3 full. Do not use muffin liners.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden and cooked through.