Knott’s Cobb Salad
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Knott’s Pickled Peeps - 4 eggs, sliced
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 oz Bacon, pre-cooked
- ½ cup black eyed peas
- For Cornbread Croutons:
- 1 batch of day old cornbread
- 3 Tbl. Olive Oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- For Homemade Ranch:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-1 ½ tsp dried dill
- ⅓ cup fresh finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cornbread into cubes, your preference on size. Place cubes on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly to coat.
- Toast in oven until edges are a deep brown, about 10-15 minutes; flipping once during baking. Remove from oven.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. *note: dressing will thicken the longer it is refrigerated. Thin with a couple teaspoons of water to drizzle if needed/wanted.
- In a medium bowl, toss the lettuce with 1/2 the dressing. Layer onto platter.
- Top with croutons, eggs, cheese, avocado, bacon and peas.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.