Jalapeno Pimiento Cheese Waffles
Savory and delicious, these waffles are a MUST on the brunch table.
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup Knott’s Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk, eggs and oil, whisking until just combined.
- Stir in the chives and cheese, then set aside to rest for five minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron to the desired setting.
- Pour batter (amount depends on size of waffle maker) onto the hot waffle iron, spread out evenly.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffle is done. Remove and transfer to a plate or a sheet pan in a warm oven (200 degrees) to keep warm.
- Top with butter and maple syrup. Or add fried chicken for a Knott’s take on Chicken and Waffles!